The Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry said Saturday that 47 people were killed and 205 wounded by IDF fire in the past 24 hours, including five killed and 26 wounded while seeking aid.
The ministry also reported that seven people, including two children, died of hunger or malnutrition, bringing the total number of deaths from hunger and malnutrition since the start of the war to 420.
Since October 7, the IDF killed 64,803 people and wounded 164,264 across the Strip, the statement read.
Haaretz Weekly
‘Playing with fire’: How Israel’s attack in Qatar has likely exploded hopes of ending the Gaza war
play
Haaretz Weekly
‘Playing with fire’: How Israel’s attack in Qatar has likely exploded hopes of ending the Gaza war
Volume: 0.5
1X
total— : —time0:00
fast forward
play
rewind
That same day, the IDF said it had struck a high-rise in Gaza City, which it said was used by Hamas. Footage indicates that the building targeted was a residential building in the Tel al-Hawa neighborhood.
The IDF continued to urge Gaza City residents to evacuate their homes, despite unclear instructions. “The IDF is determined to defeat Hamas in Gaza City and is expanding its strikes for this purpose,” the statement read.
Medical sources in the Strip reported that since Friday night, at least 32 people were killed in Gaza City. According to a statement by Shifa Hospital, at least 12 were children. An Israeli strike killed ten members of one family, including a mother and three children, at a house in the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, early on Saturday night.
CloseThe IDF began ordering city residents to evacuate ahead of military strikes earlier this week.
“The IDF is determined to defeat Hamas and will operate in the Gaza City area with great force, as it has throughout the Strip,” the statement read. “For your safety, evacuate immediately to the humanitarian zone in Muwasi.”
According to estimates by both the UN and the IDF, until recently, around one million people lived in Gaza City. In recent days, the pace of departures has increased, but hundreds of thousands remain and refuse to leave.
Over the past two days, Israel’s air force intensified its strikes, mainly in the Al-Shati area. On Thursday night, about 800 families left two buildings that had served as shelters for displaced people in Gaza City – one of which was formerly a school and the other a clinic. Local reports indicate that most families in Gaza City are homeless.





